05 November 2015

Freedom Cake Rebaked

Long time no see, viewers. After a long hiatus I've decided to finally reboot the Freedom Cake project. Much of my old material is full of broken image links, so while I tidy up the stuff that's worthy of rebooting I'm just going to spam the material thats been accruing on my hard drive.

I've been able to generate a much clearer idea of the format of Freedom Cake Posts. I am going to stick to the short-essay/photo gallery type thing which is purely shot on film. There are a few reasons for this- primarily I no longer have a digital- my D700 was stolen from my car 2 months ago. Besides that, it makes things much easier for me to edit the selection of pics, plus I have always felt more satisfied with the results I have taken from film anyway. Anyone can take a high contrast, black and white picture with a digital camera and call it 'art' but it takes the delusion effort of a amateur to spend hundreds of dollars on stock and development to truly call yourself a pretentious aspirational photographer.


'have you ever seen a cake eat it's own tail?'

No comments:

Post a Comment